- ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- Preservation of our environment is one of the major constituents of IRC’s sustainable development policy. The Company’s management team treats activity in this field as a matter of major importance and essential business priority. The integrated environmental management system has been extended to all of the Company’s activities including: exploration, mining, processing and industrial and civil construction. The proper functioning of an environmental management system reduces the impact of our operations on the environment, thereby encouraging a healthy and ecological culture for our employees.
- ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
- GBG has implemented an environmental policy as part of the integrated environmental management system, an obligatory requirement under the ISO 14001:2004 standards as well as the international principles of sustainable development. The environmental obligations of the Group are captured in the policy, which is regularly revisited to be sure that it is current to the Company’s activities.
- ENVIRONMENTAL MONITORING, CONTROL AND MEASURING
- The environmental monitoring of the natural environment in and around the Company’s operations is carried out by applying integrated data collection, processing and evaluating methods and disseminating the acquired results. Environmental monitoring is undertaken over all of GBG’s operations on a regular basis.
GBG monitors air emissions and solid waste sources, along with process control parameters and fuel and power resources on a regular basis with the data used to better manage operations. All environmental monitoring and industrial control is performed in accordance with local legislation and international guidelines. Only accredited laboratories and advanced research organisations with the appropriate licenses are contracted to undertake this work.